Dear Total Stranger!
You don’t know me. You’ve never met me. Maybe you never will in real life. My name is Zsolt.
There’s so much hate, anger, and divide out there in the world! Partly, because loud and noisy people dominate the news and air. There’s also a more peaceful world out there with people who don’t scream empty words and angry tweets, but silently keep doing good things. Sometimes to total strangers by paying forward.
It is a small world, we are all connected! Even if we are total strangers! If you’re in L&D, here’s a gameful challenge to show unity with other strangers out there.
Let’s travel around the WORL&D in 80 hours!
Jules Verne’s book, Around the World in 80 Days, is one of my favorites. In the book, Mr. Fogg travels around the world in 80 days, visiting several countries. Throughout his journey, he meets total strangers in far away foreign lands. Today, we don’t need 80 days to travel! I bet L&D can do it in 80 hours.
[thrive_testimonial name=”Zsolt” company=”Total Stranger” image=”https://www.rabbitoreg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_4636.jpg”]I bet L&D can do this in 80 hours![/thrive_testimonial]
That gave me an idea to create a challenge of visiting major cities around the world. Of course, online, through a clue hunter app! I posted on LinkedIn to see if there would be anyone helping me in those cities. I got an overwhelming response, not only in the cities mentioned, but asking how we could extend it to other places.
I wasn’t sure how to extend this challenge to other places… Until I stumbled unto a total stranger’s awesome blog from years ago:
Now we’re talking! Thanks to Rebecca’s work, all places mentioned in the book are mapped. So, instead of targeting the five major cities, we’re going to include various other places within a country.
Here are the rules for the challenge now:
- Before April 21st, 2018, you can collecting players for your team. Strangers from all over the WORL&D.
- On April 21st, 2018 the hunt will open in the ClueKeeper app.
- Players will need to find specific locations all around the world, and take a selfie.
- First clue will be in a location somewhere in London, UK. (Honoring the book)
- All other clues are locked.
- There are multiple locations in every country. At least one of them must be found before the next country is unlocked. That means you will rely on other strangers.
- A timer is ticking. After 80 hours, the hunt is closed. We’ll see if we make it back to London on time!
Thanks for reading, Stranger!